The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the academic year 2009. From the inception, the department enhances courageous environment for producing technologists through innovative teaching learning methodologies. The department has well-experienced and qualified teaching faculties, having specialization in Manufacturing Engineering, Product Design and Development, Energy Technology and Thermal Engineering. The faculty members are pursuing their research work in the reputed universities of the nation and presenting their findings in various conferences. Department has full-fledged infrastructure and for the course of study, the department has well equipped eight laboratories. Provided for academic, self learning and research work. The department has Mechanical Engineers’ students Association (MESA) for the conduct of student career development programmers to expose their hidden technical skills. The students are motivated to participate in various inter-collegiate events and conferences to present their academic projects and inventions.
The students are motivated for advanced higher studies and research work through various guest lecturers, workshops, seminars, symposia, career guidance programmers etc., being conducted in a scheduled manner. Industrial visits and industry sponsored projects are also made mandatory to gain industry related exposure in real time challenges. The total number of students, graduated from this department is 124.
Exploring innovative approaches to enhance and expand learning opportunities through the integration of technology & Building a strong research and teaching environment that responds to the real-time challenges of the industry.
Our mission is to provide an excellent education in all Mechanical related fields. Our main task is to prepare students for careers in industry or to pursue advanced studies. Upon graduation, our students will be able to perform research in all branches of the Mechanical. Also a part of our mission is to provide a teaching environment that emphasizes depth, originality and critical thinking
Head of the Department (In-Charge)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Phone no: +91-9865762965
This Lab is well equipped with all advanced equipments for practical applications. In this available are carpentry, plumbing, and sheet metal, lathe, welding, with related study equipments process and gives rise to the discipline of Practice engineering, which aims to apply the systematic approach.
This Lab is well equipped with all advanced equipments for practical applications. In this lab is available to testing the materials by using universal testing machine, impact test, spring coil test, hardness test, furnace equipment with related study equipments process and gives rise to the discipline of Practice engineering, which aims to apply the systematic approach.
In this Lab well equipped with all advanced machine equipments. Students can learn easy to accessing operated, machine. This lab has lathe, milling, grinding, planner, shaper, drilling, foundry sections, welding section with booth the operated scheduling, process creation new things.
In this Lab well equipped with all advanced machine equipments. Students can learn easy to accessing operated, machine. This lab has various types of engines like petrol and a diesel engine with various stokes and mores tested the operated scheduling, process creation new things. Familiar with computer simulators type also used.
This lab serves as a guide for learning and implementing the new data sheet structure in an auto cad. It basically deals with how to make management and draw with using operations on data with basics comments and also operating machining programmes and analysis and cad /cam design. The aim of the course is to teach students abstract to develop design engineer .
This lab aims at providing students the knowledge about the qualified the measuring work pimech with the help of this lab equipments to be used like veriner, micrometer, profile projectors, bevel producter, sine bar, slip gauge etc.
This lab aims at providing students the knowledge about the qualified the measuring speed with the help of this lab equipments to be used like governors, static balancing, dynamic balancing, wrilling of shaft , cam jump, cam profile, spring balancing systems, and also some of study process to be used etc.
This lab aims at providing students the knowledge about the qualified the measuring and control speeds with the help of combined with mechanical and electronics equipments. In this lab equipment to be used like open loop, closed loop, servo motor, stepped motor, single and double acting cylinder operated systems to be used and ect,.
MECH department has an active engineering Association functioning. Name of the association is MESA–MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENTS ASSOCIATION. This Association is started at 2010 with help of principle Dr.Ganapathy Phd, mother sr.Reginal SAT, Mr. Thriumavalavan M.E,. And all teaching and non teaching, with all department students’ Technical seminar and national level symposiums are conducted to give ample opportunities to budding engineers to show their talents. Students are enriched with technical knowledge to be competitive in the employment sector
Annual inauguration of Mechanical students Association [MESA] was held on 06/09/2014.Dr.K.Palaniradja. M.Tech., PhD., Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering Pondicherry Engineering College was the chief guest and he covered the guest lecture on "Higher studies and carrier development for students.
Conducted the guest lecture program on 07/02/2015 in the title of "composite materials” by Dr.N.SENTHILKUMAR, M.E., PhD., Department of Mechanical Engineering AdhiParasakthi Engineering College, Melmaruvathur. This program is very useful for all students and faculty members.
INDUSTRIAL VISIT-3rd year Mechanical student visited Jeppiar Steel and furnace Pvt.Ltd and Jeppiar water plant Pvt.Ltd. in Chennai on 12 th September 2014 along with the staff members Mr. R. Sasikumar, Mr.K.Saravanan and Mr. Muthukumar.
1. Mr.Alban David jerrypaul and Mr.Prem Impart raja mechanical students are participated and Won the first place National Level Technical Symposium In The Event Of ‘Robo Razing’ At P S G College Of Engg And Tech Kovai.
2. Mr.J JAYAVERAA KUMAR and Mr.S.MOHAN mechanical students are participated National Level AUTOMOBILE WORKSHOP at C I T Kovai.
3. Mr. M.Mari Muthu, and M.Rajesh mechanical students are participated and Won the first place title of “MODEL OF OZONE DEFLECTION ZONE ” At UNIVERSITY College of Engg , PANRUTI.
4. Mr.A.Pradeep, and Mr.P.Jeniswilson final year students are participated in the state level symposium for Event of ROBOTICS in Madras Institute of Technology campus, Anna University at Chennai. Held on 6th and 7th August 2014. Won the First Place.
5. Mr.G.Thanakrishnan , Mr.P.Vignesh, and Mr.A.Arulselvan final year students are participated in the state level symposium for Event of ROBOTICS in Madras Institute of Technology campus, Anna University at Chennai. Held on 6th and 7th August 2014. Won the second Place.
6. Mr.A.Pradeep final year student is participated in the state level symposium for Event of Wall-E at SRM University at Chennai held on 29th September 2014.
7. Mr.A.Pradeep final year student is participated in the state level symposium for Event of Short film making at Manakula Vinayagar college of Engineering and technology at Puducherry. Held on 29th September 2014 Won the third Place.
8. Mr.K.Sundarapandian.and Mr.P.Sudheer final year students are state participated in the level symposium for Event of paper presentation for the topic of fuel cells and its applications in Sri Krishna college of Engineering and technology at Puducherry. Held on 19th September 2014. Won the second Place.
9. Mr.A.Pradeep, Mr.P.Jenis Wilson, Mr.A.Arul Selvam, . Mr.K.Sundhara Pandian, Mr.G.Thanakrishnan, and Mr.P.Vignesh,final year students are state participated in the level symposium for Event of Line Tracer in S.A Engineering College Chennai. Held on 12-Aug-2014.
10. Mr.V.Muruga Doss,andMr. IlayaRaja Third year students are participated in the state level symposium for Event of Paper Presentation (Quazi Turbine) in Arunai Engineering College, at Thiruvannamalai. Held on Febraury2014.
11. Mr. V.Muruga Doss, and . . Mr. R.Velmurugan, Third year students are participated in the state level symposium for Event of Paper Presentation (Quazi Turbine) in V.R.S Engineering College, at Arasur. Held on May2014.
12. Mr. V.Muruga Doss, and Mr. T.Sinto. Third year students are participated in the state level symposium for Event of Paper Presentation (Cryogenics Engine of Rocket) in IRTE Engineering College, at Kangarampalayam. Held on May2014.
13. 13.. Mr.S.SUNDARRAJAN, final year mechanical student was participated A National level technical symposium at Paavai Engineering college,Namakkal in the event of AUTOASSEMBLY and won the FIRST place. Held on 05.03.2015.
14. 14. Mr.S.SUNDARRAJAN, and Mr.K.DEEPAN, final year mechanical students are participated paper presentation in A National level technical symposium at Paavai Engineering college,Namakkal. Held on 05.03.2015.
The Industry Institute Interaction (III) cell is to promote closer interaction between the academic field and the professional field at industries. In addition to providing Placement support to the students in the prestigious organizations, we also facilitate training of our students in the industries during summer and winter vacations, project work for the students in the final year, continuous Institute-Industry Interactions, alumni activities, participation in exhibitions, fairs, seminars and conferences, counseling of the students on job opportunities, facilitating industry visits and Inviting distinguished speakers to add value in our programs.
III-Cell organizes expert lecture series during seminar or at the department level in coordination with student organizations. Such lectures familiarize the students and the faculty with the state - of - art industry practices and their correlation with the textbook material.
Programmes to orient students about industry expectations are organized. Additional seminars are undertaken by the students in each semester to improve learning in the areas like Literature Survey, Personality Development, Group Discussion and Presentation Skills. Moreover, opportunities of Technologies for communication skills enhancement are provided.
Inaugurated the Mechanical Engineering Industry Institute Interaction cell (M E III CELL) on 07.03.2015. Mr.S.V.Venkatesan, M.E., Chief Manager, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd., was the chief guest and he covered the guest lecture on Opportunities available in the industries.
1.Mr.R.SASIKUMAR,(Assistant Professor) attended faculty development programme for Finite Element analysis at University college Engineering Panruti campus from 22.12.2014 to 29.12.2014
2..Mr.N.NEELAVANNAN,(Assistant Professor), attended faculty development programme for Finite Element analysis at University college Engineering Panruti campus from 22.12.2014 to 29.12.2014
3.Mrs. ANNIE JOHN,(Assistant Professor) attended faculty development programme for “Engineering Mechanics” at IFET Engineering College Villupuram from 12.12.2014 to 18.12.2014
4.Mr.K.SHANMUGA ELANGO,(Assistant Professor) attended Workshop on “optimization Techniques used for Research works” at Adthi Parasakthi Engineering College Melmaruvathur from 13.02.2015 to 14.02.2015
5.Mr.D.OMMURUGADHASAN,(HOD Mechanical) attended Workshop on “optimization Techniques used for Research works” at Adthi Parasakthi Engineering College Melmaruvathur from 13.02.2015 to 14.02.2015
6.Mr. R.Rajesh kumar Asst. Prof., attended a ISTE National level workshop on “Intelligent methodologies in electrical engineering” at ST.ANNE’S College of Engineering and Technology, Panruti on 19th & 20 th sep 2014
The main reason for our placement is due to training program provided in our college... This training gave us a complete knowledge on how to face an interview and how to pass aptitude tests. They also gave grooming tips so that we may be well groomed on the day of the placement.
Jothi Vijila 2012-2016 Batch
The institute has lived up to its motto- "Engineered for excellence in education". The resources and amenities provided are easily on par with impeccable work ethics. The values and knowledge instilled in me by the expert faculty helped me reached the pinnacle of success.
Santhanalakshmi 2011-2015 Batch
I have spent 1 years in this college, and with great pride, I can say that the college looks for the betterment of the student. It's all because of the hard work of the college management and the placement officer, that we are going to have a bright future.